The results from the Chicago Auto Show are in, and the favorite vehicles and exhibits have been chosen by consumers for the 13th consecutive year. The show boasts that it is one of the only “major” auto shows that polls its attendees with the “Best of Show” balloting.
“We think of our attendees as one enormous focus group that we can leverage to analyze data and assess trends,” Chicago Auto Show General Manager Dave Sloan said. “Best of Show voting has become a benchmark measure of what the public deems the most exciting, impressive and innovative on the show floor.”
Here are the categories listed along with their winners:
• Best All-New Production: 2018 Jeep Wrangler
• Best Concept Vehicle: Cadillac Escala (Along with the Escala, more concept vehicles have been introduced to the market this year, as well as more fuel cell and electric concepts, making it one of the most interesting years for innovation and design direction.)
• Best Green Vehicle: 2019 BMW i8
• Best Exhibit: Jeep (Although Jeep offered similar “rides” in their 2017 exhibit, they remain one of the annual fan favorites at the Chicago Auto Show.)
• Vehicle I’d most like to have in my driveway: 2018 Ford GT (This flashy Ford vehicle, which had been stationed near the entrance to the show this year, had been on the wish list of attendees in recent years as well.)
“We think the Ford GT’s trio of awards over the past four Chicago Auto Shows demonstrates the appeal of the car’s stylish looks, modern innovation and legendary history, including beating Ferrari again at LeMans in 2016, 50 years after accomplishing the same feat in one of racing’s most memorable races of all time,” said Matt Leaver from Ford Performance Communications in his comment to Chicago News. “Even if you do not know this history, the Ford GT stands on its own – born from a small group of designers and engineers who used the car as training ground to develop future technologies that can be transferred to the rest of our line-up one day. For example, the car advances our EcoBoost engine technology – which already is offered in nearly all of our vehicles in the U.S. – so we can look at ways of improving capability and fuel efficiency in vehicles for millions of our customers.”
Best of Show awards from manufacturers will be announced and given at the annual Midwest Automotive Media Association Spring Rally, which is held every year at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.
Watch our Awards Presentation Ceremony for Chicago News Cars of the Year awards here.